Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

Need help with Notepad

I have Fast Notepad downloaded and having problems starting a new sentence. I remember at one time I had a notepad what would respond to "down line" or something like that but I cant get this version of Notepad to start a new line. Any help please or suggestions of a different Notepad?
Thanks...

Related:

#1 Dave Estam, Aug 8, 2017
Sorry, should have read starting a new paragraph on a new line.

The NotePads I have downloaded so far will not let you do that, just continues after periods as one long paragraph, will not allow you to start a new paragraph on a new line.

Any suggestions please.....

#2 Dave Estam, Aug 9, 2017
are you pressing the pen icon at bottom right to go into edit mode?

#3 Jaffeb, Aug 9, 2017
Yes I press the pen icon to go into edit mode if I need to go into edit mode... Thanks

This still doesn't "Down Line" which you need to do when starting a new paragraph.

#4 Dave Estam, Aug 10, 2017
There are at least 4 apps that I see in the Google play store called Fast Notepad. Are you using the one with the red icon, which is the one people rave about? (see photo)

#5 Jaffeb, Aug 10, 2017
Jaffeb ....Thank you for your posts and sorry I wasn't clear with my question.
I am using the Fast Notepad with the red icon and am very familiar with the mic to speak my text and therefore have asked my question incorrectly.

When speaking text in most programs I can speak the work "period" and for example the word "question mark" and does such in the text. At one time I used a text program that understood "down line" which took me to a new line.

This works the same as using the "Enter Key" to get to a new line but I wonder if I am using the incorrect mic terminology to get to a new line in the text.

Thanks for any suggestions.

#6 Dave Estam, Aug 12, 2017
"New paragraph" works for me (doublespaces to a new line). "New line" only works if I say it slowly, maybe because it sounds like other words I might say.

#7 Jaffeb, Aug 12, 2017